Skilled Worker
Family Class
Quebec Immigration
Provincial Nominee Program
Student Visas
Other Visas
Hiring Temporary Workers
Live-in Caregiver Program
Visitor's Visa
Other Visas
Live-in Caregiver Program

You can come to Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP), where you will work in Canada for two years as a live-in caregiver and after which you can apply for immigration to Canada.  When you apply for immigration to Canada you will be able to apply simultaneously and sponsor your own family members to immigrate to Canada.

In order to get accepted under the Live-in Caregiver Program, you must:

  • apply for a work permit before you come to Canada;
  • have successfully completed secondary school;
  • have either six months of full-time training in a classroom, or one year of full-time paid employment;
  • have the ability to speak, listen, and read in English or French; and
  • have an employment contract with your future employer.

As a live-in caregiver you must reside with the family you are working for.  The family must include either children, or elderly individual(s) whom you will care for. 

If you are an employer and are interested in bringing someone to Canada to work for you as a Live-in Caregiver, we can assist you with the entire process until the caregiver’s work permit is issued.

Free Assessment
Request Form
Frequently Asked
Contact Us
© 2006 Insight Immigration | Disclaimer